Hey there Teacups! Today’s post is all about something that makes me really happy… my ukulele 💖
I always wanted to own a Ukulele and was so incredibly greatfulwhen I was gifted one by my other half. Since he gave it too me it’s taken up so much of my spare time.
It’s safe to say I’m still very much an amateur but everybody learns at their own pace right?
Something about the ukulele and the way it sounds just makes me really really happy. It’s just so cheerful and upbeat and never fails to put a smile on my face.
Before reciving my ukulele I had wanted to buy one and start learning for years but never got round to doing it. Looking back now I wish I had just gone for it and bought one. By now I would have been amazing. So that just goes to show that if ever you have the urge to do something DO IT. The more you put it off the more you will miss out on.
So what have I learnt so far?
– A few simple Disney songs including : It’s A Small World , There’s A Great Big Beauitful tomorrow and many more!
– Almost fully perfected the most hiwaiian sounding cover of Leaving On A Jet Plane….. those two things may not sound great together but believe me it works.
– What Will I Be Working On This Year?
– I’ll be getting back into learning Grim Grinning Ghosts from Disney ‘s Haunted Mansion. I’ve been wanting to carry on learning this song for a long time now but it’s proven to be quite a bit of a challenge for me. Fingers crossed I’ll finally perfect it this year.
– I’ll be working on being more confident when it comes to playing the ukulele in front of people.
– I would love to be able to learn to read sheet music fully again. I think it would help a lot with learning new songs. I wish I could still remember everything I learnt in music theory in school now.
Do you play the ukulele? If you have any tips I would love to hear them and speak to you in the comments.
Speak to you all again soon. Remember to be kind to everyone you meet – Kimberley 💖