So today’s post is a little bit more important and serious than the content I normally post. But the issue I will be covering is something I’ve wanted to write about for a long time now but never felt confident enough to.
That stops today Sea World have gone to far they are only getting worse as the days go by and the animals they have there need to be released. The world and human kind need to take a step back and see what SeaWorld are really doing to the beautiful animals they keep in their horribly small tanks.
So why do I Choose To Boycott SeaWorld?
1) SeaWorld separates orca calves from their mothers. – “Blackfish” the documentary includes a scene of one of SeaWorld’s orca mothers screeching after being separated from her calf. And they still try and claim that they don’t do this.
Why would they lie unless they had things to hide?
2) SeaWorld regularly drugs their animals. EVEN when they’re nursing which is against accepted veterinary guidelines.
3) Becuase SeaWorld clearly care more about how many people they can bring in daily and not how well the animals they hold captive are looked after. ( the space in the yellow in the image below is how big Sea World Orlandos car park is compared to the artificial lake where 7 orcas live! In the red)
4) Orcas Kept In Captivity Have A Shorter Lifespan – Orcas in the wild live to between the ages of 30 to 50 years—their estimated maximum life span is 60 to 70 years for males and 80 to more than 100 for females. The median age of orcas in captivity is only 9.
5) Sea World Breaks the Animal Welfare Act. ( And Continues to do so to this day) – their vetianry tools and surgerys are discusting and they have been for a long time now.
There are so many more reasons I want to list but I really would be here for hours at end and I’m not sure anybody wants to read a post that long.
All of the animals that SeaWorld holds captive have a right to a free life. It’s up to us to help them get that / give it back to them. You all know now why I Choose To Boycott SeaWorld and I would hope you all will make the choice to as well.
Nothing will change until we all take a stand against SeaWorld and show them how much we won’t stand for the ways they treat those animals. We need to shut them down.
Speak to you all again soon and remember to use the voice you have to make a difference. – Kimberley xx